May 9, 2013

Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins

Hi there, I'm back with the promised muffin recipe, the ones I made for my birthday brunch. Originally they were supposed to be vegan strawberry chocolate chip muffins, but since I didn't have all the ingredients and I love raspberry's, I decided to make them my own way ;) Luckily that worked very well and as I mentioned in my last post, they were delicious!






So here's the recipe:

Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.

1 cup of raspberry's (frozen or fresh) - set aside

Whisk together dry ingredients in a bowl:
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup corn starch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup brown sugar

Add in and stir:
3/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 vanilla extract

Stir until the batter is smooth, if it's too runny add some more flour. It should be like a cake batter.

Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I put in a bit more just to give it a more chocolaty taste).

Instructions:
Spoon only one tablespoon of the batter in to the muffin cups. 
Add three to four raspberry's - sticking them in to the batter a bit but avoid pushing them to the bottom.
Then divide the rest of the batter between the 12 muffin cups. 
Take the remaining raspberry's and push them slightly in to the batter - about 3-4 pieces per muffin. Add some extra chocolate chips to the tops.

Bake in center of pre-heated oven till domed and firm for about 25 min.






Original Recipe Source: glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com





No comments: